Everywhere you look now online there seems to be a multitude of video covering everything from the latest trends to news and even gossip. Although content marketing as a whole has grown immensely in the last couple of years, it is video that still seems to be the most superior and engaging type of content. With projections that global internet traffic from videos will make up 80% of all internet traffic by 2019, it’s almost overwhelming to see how influential video is becoming in this digital age.
So what can it do for you?
As we’re sat in the recruitment marketing industry, we’ve seen how popular and effective video marketing is for attracting new clients and candidates. It’s not just for fast-paced businesses, but also for those who don’t see raising the awareness of their employer brand as a priority. Video can be a great tool that businesses use for reaching clients as well as targeting both active and passive job seekers; in today’s market apparently 51% of employed workers are open to job opportunities even if they are already in employment!
If you aren’t using video to inform your customers about your products and services or to them find your business in the first place, you could be losing out to your competitors. Video is becoming increasingly powerful at selling your company and boosting your employer brand as well as driving engagement and conversions. It is so powerful at delivering results because ultimately people are attracted to visual content.
Not convinced yet?
Check out these juicy stats below that might change your mind:
- Where both text and video appear on the same page 69% of users prefer to watch video
- Using the word video in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click through rates by 69%
- 68% of YouTube users have watched a video to help make a purchase decision
- 4x as many consumers would rather hear about a product if it involves watching a video
- 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other content
- 69% of sales, marketing and business professionals have used video marketing and another 31% are planning to
- 45% of businesses have an explainer video on their home page
- 81% of brands feature video on their website
So in summary video absolutely needs to be part of your marketing strategy this year. It’s an easy, effective tool that is accessible to everyone and is great at capturing even the shortest of attention spans. Don’t hesitate about using it for too long though; video marketing is not a new tool by any standards and chances are your competitors are already using it in some way for the benefit of their business.